Wednesday, November 11, 2009

boy, hip, yard

It was probably poor blog-ettiquete of me to not to post a comment two weeks ago that Laura and I found out we will be having a boy. All few of you who follow my blog already knew (I think) that she was pregnant, and by now already know that we'll be having a boy, but, and this is mainly because Nicole gave me a hard time about it, I had to make it official by posting it here.

Yes, I am a little freaked out, but WAY more than that, I am very excited, and looking forward to March, not because of the sleepless nights that probably await me, but because I am excited to be a father, and make my kid laugh, and take him hiking, and to learn all about him as I fumble through trying to show him this world.

----------

Let's see, what else. My hip hurts. It has for the last couple of weeks. I think it's related to my body needing a break from rowing, but I can't confirm. My low back has also begun to bug me, so it's probably a good thing that this Sunday's race in Foster City is our last of the fall head racing season, then rowing will take a back seat to work and home projects for the duratin of the winter (and with the kid coming, rowing could be taking a permanent back seat). So hopefully the dull pain is temporary, and not an indication of any other post-dislocated hip issues. It's seriously been over two years since I dislocated! Crazy.

----------

Oh, I also started working in the back yard. I borrowed my father-in-law's rototiller, and used it all around the back part of the yard to break up the surface dirt. The next part, which starts this evening, will be to rake through it and sift out all the rocks and junk. After that I'll either be trenching for irrigation or just planting trees and hand watering. Either way, I want to get the trees in within the next couple weeks so that they have all winter to get established and start growing.

back to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment