Tuesday, April 12, 2011

back

No, I have not posted in quite some time, not since Thanksgiving of last year, which means that almost five months have passed since I last typed anything into this web site. No particular reason for that, other than I just haven't done it. Haven't been particularly avoiding it; guess I could say "I didn't have time". I think I reached a point where I realized everyone else's blog that I read was either about family adventures or fun times (Tara, Nicole, Laura's grad school friends) or satirical / political / insightful / computer or food related (Paul). That's not to say I don't want to post ... I just feel that maybe my tone was too depressing or downbeat, maybe not the sort of thing you guys ("all" of my readers) were really looking for.

So here's a heads up. I may start posting more often. And the content may be depressing, or strange, or Too Much Information. And if I do start posting again, I may say things like, "hey, I've got an inguinal hernia, and I have to have surgery to repair it on April 28th", which, by the way is true as of yesterday.


Good times! And it means that I have to not lift any "heavy weight" for 4-6 weeks. By the way, my doctor defines "heavy weight" as anything over 15 pounds. My lunchbox weights more than that! My son weights twice that!


Life.

2 comments:

  1. Insightful? More like unsightful. But, I am glad to have been assigned five distinct categories where everyone else only got two. I feel a satirical foodie response coming on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry about the surgery. I am just now at the end of my 12 weeks of not being able to pick up anything heavier than 7lbs. My pursed weighed more than that!! Good luck not picking up Tyler...that is the hardest. Good luck with your surgery. :)

    ReplyDelete