Tuesday, June 21, 2011

negatives to digital

I mailed an envelope full of film negatives to Utah yesterday where they will be scanned into digital format, far faster and more effectively than I could ever do. When I receive the data DVD back in about a month, I will have roughly 350 photos from my time at Unitrans all nicely digitized for upload to my flickr account, for sharing, etc. I'm fearful that many of then won't be as crisp as I hope (scanning doesn't make a bad picture better), but this professional service will yield better results than my scanner can produce with the positive images.

Film negatives? What the hell are those?

I'd been thinking about doing this for years, and was finally inspried to do it because (1) the new Unitrans shop manager was asking me for copies of my RT Sunset and Solano Field photos, (2) my father-in-law has previously used and been happy with the place I am using, and (3) they were having a sale.

So someday soon I may have a lot more photo content to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment