Friday, July 29, 2011

Laura gets tech savvy

I've long wanted to get myself an iPhone, but regularly decided against it because (1) it wasn't available on Verizon (my provider, not wonderful, but I've been happy with it), and (2) the wife and I decided it wasn't affordable. At the beginning of this year when it did finally come to Verizon, I got all excited and was ready to go get one for myself, but reason number (2) kicked in and I hung onto my five year old Razor.

Fast forward to this summer, and our kid is regularly doing things that are "cute" and "funny" and "awesome", and suddenly the interest in always having a camera and video recorder on hand and having the ability to share said items with friends and family increases greatly. Magically reason (2) no longer matters, and it's time to get new phones. I actually went to a Verizon store and waited in line to get phones, but the guy being helped was ... taking along time, and I had to get back to work. My technical self-gratification was further delayed.

Soon therafter I began reading on-line rumors about the release of the iPhone 5, and I made the decision that if I had waited this damn long to get an iPhone, I could wait another two months for September to roll around. Then Tyler dropped Laura's phone in the water. So now Laura has an iPhone, and I still don't. But that's ok, because I'm waiting (patiently!!!!!!) for version 5. Anyway, the point is that now Laura AND my dad are more technically savvy than me what with their fancy phones. My time will come.

No comments:

Post a Comment