Monday, February 25, 2013

feeling burdened

Overwhelmed with work right now.  I have been asked to assist on two more projects, biringing my total project involvent to at least five projects, any one of which can easily comsume all of my available time.  What can I do about it?  At the moment, I feel like I can fail.  Time to push back, and manage everyone's expectations so they expect very little of me.  I am actually having a hard time breathing right now, I think I'd better take a walk and get some air.

In other news, my training for a half marathon next month was going great, and last weekend I had run my farthest distance ever by going 9.1 miles.  This weekend (yesterday) I was suppoed to run 10 miles, but last Friday my hip started hurting (the same hip I dislocated 5 years ago), and I've decived to stop running altogether this week to give things a chance to settle down.  Hopefully it's a temporary setback and I can get back to running next weekend or next week with no trouble.  I won't be running too many marathon-type events in my life, I'd like to be able to do this half and then maybe settle back into some shorter runs (maybe as far as 6 miles) here and there just for fitness.

Laura takes the kids to her parent's place three days a week, which means a lot of time in the car for all of them, back and forth.  Lately we've really been wishing we lived closer to her parents so that all this time in the car would not be necessary.  Not sure we can afford to sell our current house right now, but I think we'll start educating ourselves on our options.  It's tough to love my kids as much as I do and know that I can't see them but for a few hours any day.

Ok, time for that little fresh air walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment