Monday, January 14, 2013

berries too big

I'm tired of oversized strawberries.  All that seems to be available in stores (at least in the one store I go to) are excessively large strawberries with no flavor.  There are some things in life that should be big, but strawberries are not among them.  What's with our obsession for large stuff?  In how many ways can this opinion be taken out of context?

All I'm saying is I don't want to pay $6 for a tiny plastic box of organic (and ymuuy and right-sized) strawberries, so instead I pay $3 or $4 for the same size tiny plastic box of oversized (mostly water) strawberries, and I am typically let down.  Blah, this last one had negative flavor.  It actually sucked flavour out of my mouth.

1 comment:

  1. It's not strawberry season here. Guessing they were probably shipped in from South America, meaning they were picked before they were ripe. Cost++ ; Flavor--.

    ReplyDelete