Wednesday, February 10, 2010

aaaaahhhhhh freak out!

I am officially, totally, completely, and truely in freak-out mode right now. And somehow I'm still calm.

My first child is effectively due any day now (Laura is at 36 weeks as of two days ago), and that is the coolest, most important thing that is happening. And knocking at my door every second is my work load, which, after taking another look at my schedule just now, shows me that in order to hit an upcoming milestone, I have ... today ... to do about three weeks of design work before I have to order the fabrication of parts. And of course you have to order parts before you can get them, and you have to get them before you can assemble them, then they have to be tested and deemed okay before they can be installed on the bigger vehicle and tested there.

I'm bothered by the fact that work is so dominating my life right now. And I know that when the kid shows up, it'll be a slap in the face that breaks my mental lock on work and makes me totally put my focus on him, my wife, and the fact that we will have become a family. But right now I'm developing symptoms of hypertension.

2 comments: