Friday, February 19, 2010

New Era ... the Alexander Dennis arrives at Unitrans

Stopped by the Unitrans garage VERY briefly today to take a look at the new Alexander Dennis Enviro double deck bus. I had hoped that Dave Orca or Andy Wyly (the two people I still know well enough to hang out and chat) would be there and I could gab a while about the new bus. They weren't around, but I introduced myself to Sean (a mechanic) and he was more than happy to let me walk around inside the bus and check it out.

Picture the Daimlers, only brand new, awesome, comfortable, with power steering, cameras (everywhere), and (I'm guessing) way more enjoyable to drive. And they are freakin' huge! They seat ... 81 people? The air conditioning system at the rear of the bus is MASSIVE, and it's a tandem rear axle, so this this is ready to do some serious student hauling.

I need to get back out there when one of my people is around, and hopefully, perhaps, maybe they'll let me take it for a spin around the pad.

I've already got visions of a new bus poster in my head ... featuring the new Enviro and 1014. I need to get in touch with Geoff and whether I can set something up.

No comments:

Post a Comment