Thursday, December 31, 2009

09 end

This is probably the space where I should summarize all the big events in my life from this calendar year. Normally I'd get pretty excited at that idea, but for some reason as I sit here and face the actual task, I become less interested in it. That and most everyone has left work already; we were all told we could leave at noon, just about 1.5 hours ago, but instead I'm stubbornly trying to wrap up a design problem I've gotten myself into.

I guess I can say that I'm thankful for several things in 2009, among them:
  • Laura's family having let us live with them (Ryan & Bridget throuth the end of last year, then her parents in the first few months of this year)
  • For having been able to keep my job when my employer cut 1/3 of the company back in April
  • For finally having been able to buy a house, and have a place to call my own
  • For having been able to get back into rowing, and much to my suprise, to have gotten back into the shape that I was in five years ago when I had previously been rowing in Boston
  • That I was able to spend a long weekend visiting Boston
  • And most importantly, most excitedly, that Laura is pregnant, and that we are expecting to meet our boy in March.

There was a lot of other weird shit and lessons learned this year, most of which seemed to have some relationship to money, and all of which, in the big picture, really don't ammount to much, but all of which seemed to cause me much stress. Otherwise, I've got a lot of personal growing to do still, and I hope that doing so will be possible as I step into fatherhood and find myself with even less time to get things done than I have now.

So there, that's good enough for today. Happy New Year everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment